Marshall County’s agricultural-based economy has given way to a variety of income sources from manufacturing, services, retail, government, and construction businesses.
- Today, 19.17% of the population is employed as administrative support workers.
- 13.52% of the employed population provides site-based services.
- Another 16.5% are in professional specialty occupations.
- Approximately 10% of employees work as sales workers and clerks and another 10% as executives, managers, and administrators.
Leading Employers in Marshall County
- Contract Fabricators, Inc. manufactures fabricated metal products and has 85 employees.
- Exel employs 90 people and provides logistics management.
- Griffin, Inc., has 80 employees and retro-fits armored cars.
- Hunter Fan Company is a distribution facility that employs 100 people.
- KP Building Products has 107 employees that manufactures plastics and rubber products including aluminum and vinyl siding.
- Lund Coating Technologies, Inc., employs 50 people and produces agricultural precision blades.
- Marshall County Correctional Facility has 210 employees.
- Parker Hannifin/Racor Division employs 150 people and manufactures machinery.
- Thomas and Betts Corporation employs 600 individuals, manufacturing computer and electronic products.