Elementary and Secondary Schools
Marshall County students from prekindergarten age through 12th grade are served by two public schools systems and three private schools.
- Marshall County School System operates 8 public schools
- Holly Springs School System operates 3 schools
- Three private schools
County and city leaders have focused on creating public school systems that provide students the educational opportunities they need to become good citizens and productive members of the workforce. Residents have responded positively in providing the resources needed to keep school facilities and programs up to date.
The Marshall County School System provides an educational program suited to needs of its students, families, and communities. Instruction is focused on state and local curriculum frameworks aimed at mastery of basic and advanced skills. The system operates eight schools across the county:
- Byhalia Elementary
- Byhalia Middle School
- Byhalia High School
- H. W. Byers Elementary and Middle School (north of Holly Springs)
- H. W Byers High School (north of Holly Springs)
- Potts Camp School (grades 4–12)
- Mary Reid Elementary School (grades K–3 at Potts Camp)
- Galena Elementary School (grades K–8 in southwestern Marshall County)
The Holly Springs School System has as its mission to educate students who can compete in the global community. It operates the following facilities in the city of Holly Springs:
The county’s private schools offer options to parents seeking alternatives to public school education.